Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our Alaskan To Do List

I'm making this official. Y'all can keep me accountable if I let us leave the Last Frontier without finishing my list.

Here it is, in all its glory:

  1. See the Arctic Ocean
  2. Enter the Arctic Circle
  3. Watch the Northern Lights - DONE!
  4. Experience Iditarod start in Anchorage
  5. Take the Denali Bus Tour
  6. Kenai Fjords National Park
  7. Glacier Bay National Park
  8. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
  9. Hike a volcano
  10. Go to the Midnight Sun Baseball Game
  11. See the Yukon Quest (start or finish)
  12. Ice Park
  13. Walk on a glacier
  14. Winter Solstice Festival
  15. Wildlife/Glacier Cruise
  16. Outhouse Races - DONE!
  17. Anchorage
  18. Anchorage Zoo
  19. Polar Bear in the wild? (Completing this depends on whether or not we can find a way to do this safely)
  20. Chena Hot Springs
  21. Less Developed Hot Springs (Tolovana)
  22. Permafrost Tunnel
  23. Alaskan Railroad
  24. Tour the super computer
  25. Touch a musk ox
  26. Visit Santa at North Pole - DONE!
  27. Get a PFD!
  28. Play with the super cold - water disappearing, bananas shattering, whatever.
  29. Museum of the North
  30. Alaskaland! (Pioneer Park) - DONE!
  31. Salmon Bake (mmmm)
  32. I'd like to see the salmon run at one point. Anyone know where I can see a river so full of fish that I could just reach in there and grab one? Or are those rivers all claimed by bears?
  33. Ice Museum
  34. Gold Mine (any one of the cheesy tourist attractions will suffice)

What an amazing place I live in.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

found your blog through GCM.

LOVE your to-do list.

nanookmama said...

Thanks! I'm so excited about living here, and I actually think knowing that we'll be leaving in 3 years is going to give us better motivation to really see the place. Now when I get bored, I just need to remember to look at the list and get off my bottom!

 
design by suckmylolly.com